EARLY BOOKING RECOMMENDED
Following the outstanding success of this tour last year we are pleased to once again offer our great value ‘Winter Getaway’ to the Spanish Costas. Our base is Calella; this thriving modern resort is the Costa Maresme's tourist capital. The tree lined promenade is punctuated with bars and restaurants, alongside the clean, golden beach that runs the length of the coastline. Our exciting excursion programme shows you the best of this well-loved region, including the Catalonian capital Barcelona and our stay will benefit from the super ‘All Inclusive’ package including a free bar daily between 10.00 and 23.59!
Throughout our stay there is a free bar between 10.00 and 23.59 each day and lunch is provided daily.
The 4 star rated Calella Palace Hotel is located just a few minutes’ walk from the beach in Calella. The hotel has a sun terrace, indoor and outdoor swimming pool and a whirlpool. All of the 339 en-suite bedrooms are served by a lift and feature air conditioning, a TV, a hairdryer, and most have a balcony. A lift serves all floors.
Sunday Our door to door service takes you to the waiting coach for the drive to Folkestone during which a light breakfast is served. Boarding the morning train a glass of champagne and snacks set the holiday mood on the crossing to France. Joining the motorway our luxury Club Class coach carries us through central France to Burgundy and our overnight hotel in Dijon.
MondayWe rejoin the autoroute heading south. Passing through Lyon we join the Rhone Valley to Provence past Roussillon and Montpellier to reach the coastal end of the Pyrenees and the Spanish border. Now down to Calella and our holiday hotel, the 4 star Calella Palace for our 12 night stay where we are greeted by our hosts and a welcome drink. Relax in the lounge while our bags are taken to our rooms before having dinner this evening.
Tuesday 14th to Friday 24th Throughout
the course of our stay there will be a full
excursion programme including visits to:
• Montserrat, a spectacularly beautiful Benedictine Monastery built on a mountain.
• Lloret de Mar, the largest resort on the coast.
• The old resort and port of San Feliu and modern Platja d’Aro.
• Figueres with its unique Dali Museum, dedicated to the work and life of the eccentric artist Salvador Dali.
• Medieval Besalu, one of the loveliest villages in Catalonia.
• Barcelona. A city tour takes in the best known sights including the Church of the Sagrada Familia and many other works of the city’s best known architect Gaudi.
• Girona. The regional capital with its narrow winding streets and wealth of architecture.
• Ribes de Freser and join the famous rack railway as it clings to the mountainside on its journey into the wild and breath-taking beauty of the Vall de Nuria.
Saturday After our final morning’s breakfast
we depart our hotel and make our back into
France to return to our overnight hotel near
Dijon. We arrive to be greeted by a welcome
drink and time before dinner.
Day 15, SundayWe depart our overnight hotel and head for Calais to join the train back to Folkestone. Arriving in England we make our way north to be greeted by our awaiting taxis after an unforgettable Spanish break.
Fenn Holidays Ltd, Whittlesey Road, March, Cambridgeshire PE15 0AG